It’s that time of year again! The Brookshire Homes Scholarship Application is now available! This scholarship helps with the costs of higher education. Below is a summary:
- Who gives the scholarship? David & Rhonda Brookshire
- How much is awarded? $1,000
- How many scholarships are awarded? Two (2), $1,000 scholarships
- Who can apply? Any camper who has attended one of the Cavett Kids
- Foundation’s camps: Camp Cavett, Kamp Courage, Ski Camp or Heart Camp.
- When is the deadline? Please submit your application by August 31, 2018. All mailed submissions must be received by August 31, 2018
Cavett Kids Foundation
Attn: Ashley Simpson
1200 Children’s Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Enjoy a great cup of joe and help a sick child
You can help make a difference in the lives of Oklahoma children who are battling life-threatening illnesses. To do so, simply drop by Edmond’s Perk Place Café, at 1649 W. 33rd, during “free coffee hour” from 7a.m.-8 a.m. each morning throughout the month of June and support Cavett Kids Foundation. Perk Place Café, whose aim is to transform lives by devoting its profits to worthwhile causes, is partnering with Cavett Kids during June to allow fellow Oklahomans the opportunity to help impact a child’s life.
Cavett Kids Foundation was created in 1997 as a result of a dream by Danny Cavett, a Chaplain for the Children’s Hospital at OU Medical Center, who envisioned creating a place where illness does not define the child – a place where kids battling life-threatening and chronic illnesses could enjoy life while also learning how to cope with their diseases. The development of character, coping and connection are co-mingled with an array of fun activities in a unique environment where the kids feel comfortable, understood and accepted. The generosity of many individuals and organizations throughout Oklahoma, makes it possible for Cavett Kids to host six camps and 10 events annually at no cost to the children or their families.